Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Blog of My Own



After a lot of thought and consideration, I've decided to write a blog of my own about state, local, and national politics that touch on or affect the El Paso area.  The name of my blog, "EP-Headnotes," is inspired by summaries about the law that are offered at the top of almost every legal opinion published by two of the most successful legal research databases used by lawyers, advocates, and practitioners  in the United States (Lexis-Nexis and Westlaw).

The idea of "headnotes" (or accessible summaries of major areas of the law) I thought lended itself fairly well to my own inspiration behind creating this blog: a space that parametricizes popular issues arising out of state, local, and national politics that affect the El Paso area--hence the blog's name, "EP-Headnotes." Although it is not my intention for this blog to serve as any kind of legal resource--and it shouldn't--I do intend for this space to serve as a space that provides an intelligent analysis about political issues that affect El Paso.

As a matter of housekeeping, it's really important for the readers of this blog to know--if there are any--that the views of this blog are not intended to represent the views of any other organization in which I am a member of or am affiliated with; instead, the views expressed in this blog are my own personal views and should be strictly construed by any reader of this blog as such. In light of as much, I completely intend to exhaust every opinionated resource I have to discuss issues of substantial interest and importance in El Paso.

Similarly, I hereby cordially extend an invitation--to anyone that is interested--to discuss anything they find of interest on this blog with me or with anyone else who reads this blog. With that having been said, let's let the good times roll. --Antonio Williams, J.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment